Thursday, April 30, 2015

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I honestly can't remember when I started baking - I remember that it was sometime in high school but my hobby just grew with age the more I started to bake for other people. This recipe is my absolute favorite! All bakers have their "best" recipe and I must say, I am always proud of my banana breads. It's not too sweet, not too dense, not too fluffy...just the right amount of bananas and chocolate which makes it so delicious. I actually have family and friends who are not fond of bananas - and they said that they can eat my banana breads! Not only do I like the taste of it, but whenever I bake these banana breads, my entire house smells so good. It's the perfect blend of banana, vanilla, and spice and it makes me feel like I'm in banana bread heaven :)





Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 
Servings: 8 slices

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1/2 cup sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice 
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil 
  • 1/4 unsweetened soy milk 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 2 ripe bananas 
Instructions: 
  • Preheat oven at 350°F 
  • In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and chocolate chips. 
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together: the eggs, vegetable oil, unsweetened soy milk, and vanilla extract. 
  • Separately mash the two ripe bananas using a fork and mix it into the wet ingredients. 
  • Using a rubber spatula, fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in about 2-3 increments. 
  • Put it in a loaf pan, and bake for about 40-50 minutes. 
  • Using a toothpick, make sure that the entire loaf is fully cooked. 




This recipe is actually very convenient because I can substitute the bananas with other ingredients such as zucchinis for zucchini breads, and pumpkin for pumpkin bread! I can also add cocoa powder to make it chocolatey and add matcha green tea powder to make matcha bread. It's just a very flexible recipe, which I love about this. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 
With that being said, from my kitchen to yours, Happy Baking! 

Smiles, 
Mei 

No comments:

Post a Comment