Sunday, March 23, 2014

Welcome to No Butter Baking!

Hello everyone,
Thank you for taking your precious time to look at my baking blog.
My name is Mei (pronounced like the month of "May") and I am a passionate baker, an exercise junkie, and a puppy lover. Initially, I created a different baking blog in order for me to simply share my recipes to my friends and families. What's different about my baking blog is that it's No-Butter-Baking - yes, I said it, there is no butter in my recipes.

As a believer of good health and wellness, I always try to watch what I eat - but the problem is, I LOVE TO EAT! So I thought, well if I'm baking something, might as well bake something that has less amount of sugar and saturated fat ("saturated fats are solid fat at room temperature such as butter") because there's no way I can avoid that by going to a local bakery.
But that doesn't mean that I don't eat anything that contains butter - I do...I just try to limit myself so that I can maintain a good balance in regards with what I put inside my body.

So here's my baking story:
I can't really think of a time when I had an "A-HA" moment with baking...but from what I remember, I started baking for my fellow classmates in high school (events, birthdays, 'just because', etc.) and the amount of baking started to accumulate. Now I bake almost every week. Sometimes, I bake 2-3 times a day!
The reason why I fell in love with baking is because it was a form of therapy to me. Whether I'm happy, sad, or frustrated, baking seemed to make me feel at ease which is very comforting. Along with that, I truly love the concept of "giving" - and baking allows me to do that.

Another thing I wanted to share was my life purpose statement, which is: "To bring joy to myself and others". I try to live my life through my purpose statement and baking (along with many other things in my life) allow me to do that. It is truly an amazing feeling and I couldn't have done it without my Purpose Moai who always encourage and support me to live my life on purpose.

Since I bake whenever "I feel like it", there may be times where I simply don't have the time to bake or post anything - but bare with me. I will try my very best to keep up with this blog.
I am so excited that I'm finally taking a next step with my baking blog!

Lastly, I just wanted to give a special thanks to my dear friend Mary, who used her creative gift to help me think of a good name for my first baking blog, youmeihavemyrecipes.blogspot.com
Without her, I would have not started the baking blog in the first place. So, thank you Mary!

Welcome to my journey to bake without butter, which is risky - but I am willing to take that risk (:

From my kitchen to yours, Happy Baking!

Smiles, 
Mei