Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pull-Apart Vegan Cinnamon Rolls

Who loves Huffington Post?? I do! I would say it's my go-to website (along with my other one: Buzzfeed!) So basically I came across this article called "16 Recipes You've Got To Try For Pull-Apart Bread" and it gave me an idea of wanting to bake pull-apart cinnamon rolls. I've been baking these vegan cinnamon rolls for about 3 years or so - but I didn't even think about making it a pull-apart! It's very simple. All you need to do is to change the thickness of the cinnamon rolls and that's it. In this case, you slice it very thin.



Pull-Apart Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Servings: 1 pull-apart cinnamon rolls (about 30 1/4 inch cinnamon rolls)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all purpose flour 
  • 2 Tablespoon sugar
  • 4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2-3 Tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cups unsweetened soy milk (+1 Tablespoon if needed) 

For Filling: 
  • 3 Tablespoon brown sugar
  • 3 Tablespoon vegetable oil 
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Glaze: 
  • 3 Tablespoon powdered sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon unsweetened soy milk 
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions: 
  • Preheat oven at 400°F
  • In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, vegetable, cinnamon, and vanilla and put it aside. (This is your filling) 
  • In another bowl, make the glaze. Set it aside. 
  • In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. 
  • In the same medium bowl, add the vegetable oil, followed by the unsweetened soy milk.
    **Note: I usually use my hands to form the dough. 
  • Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board, and place the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough evenly. 
  • Sprinkle the filling and spread it evenly throughout the dough. 
  • Go to to the edge of the dough and roll it gently. 
  • Cut the dough very thin (about 1/4 inch) 
  • Oil the cake pan (I used a round cake pan)and place the dough next to one another. 
  • Drizzle half of the glaze on the dough before placing it in the oven. 
  • Bake for about 20 minutes. 
  • Once the rolls are out of the oven, immediately drizzle the remainder of the glaze.

How it looks when you roll the dough with the filling
1/4 inch thick cinnamon rolls
Before the pull-aparts are placed in the oven!
Got it out from the pan nice and easy!

Doesn't it make you want to pull it apart?? 
I really like this recipe because the cinnamon rolls are so soft and moist. You can't imagine that it doesn't have butter inside. Did you know that a regular cinnamon rolls from Cinnabon classic roll has 880 calories? Don't get me wrong, I love Cinnabon but it definitely changes the way I approach those little suckers when I know how much empty calories it contains. Not that I'm saying that these vegan cinnamon rolls don't contain empty calories - because they certainly do! But I would prefer to eat homemade cinnamon rolls instead of buying processed cinnamon rolls. Although occasionally I will indulge on some Cinnabons ;) 

Anyway, these pull-apart vegan cinnamon rolls were a hit! 
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed baking them :)

With that being said, from my kitchen to yours...Happy Baking! 

Smiles, 
Mei 

No comments:

Post a Comment