Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups

Although I enjoy creating my own recipes, I also love to look at other bakers whom I admire and try to add my own "twist" to make it "No Butter Baking". I also alter some of the amount of ingredients so that it won't be too packed with sugar and oil! Today's recipe reference is Averie Cooks. I've been an active follower of Averie Cooks because her recipes are amazing and it actually works!
As many of you are aware, I'm a complete sweet tooth - especially chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorite classic dessert. I've actually never heard of chocolate chip cookie cups so it's kind of a dense version of a chocolate chip cookies in a muffin form. So it's cookie + muffin = absolute heaven! 






Chocolate Chip Cookies Cups 
Servings: 12 cookie cups 


Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 vegetable oil (Mei's twist) 
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar (Mei's twist)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Mei's twist)
  • 2 Tablespoons unsweetened soy milk (Mei's twist) 

Instructions: 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place muffin liners on a 12 muffin pan. 
  • In a large bowl, mix the vegetable oil, egg, sugar, vanilla extract and combine until smooth. 
  • In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt. 
  • Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a rubber spatula. 
  • Add the soy milk (feel free to add more if you think that the dough is too thick) 
  • Gently fold in the chocolate chips. 
  • Pour the dough into the muffin pan (to be filled about 2/3 full)
  • Bake for about 10-12 minutes. 
  • Use a toothpick to ensure that the cookie muffins are baked all the way through. 
  • Allow cookie muffins to cool for about 15-20 minutes. 


The dough will be slightly thick, as shown above


The finished product!

It was my first time baking this so I was a little worried for altering this great recipe, but I think it worked! I hope you have a chance to try this recipe and also, check out Averie Cooks


With that being said, thank you for dropping by No Butter Baking! 
From my kitchen to yours, Happy Baking! 

Smiles, 
Mei 

No comments:

Post a Comment