Monday, May 19, 2014

Chewy Matcha Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

I absolutely love chewy cookies. If anyone gave me an option of eating moist cookies or crunchy cookies, by far... I will pick the chewy. Imagine you biting into that cookie, as half of the cookie softly falls apart and you constantly chewing the sweet delicate cookie in your mouth... I'm salivating by just thinking about it! (っ˘ڡ˘ς) yum yum.

Also, there's just something about matcha (aka finely milled green tea powder) that I absolutely love. Maybe it's because I've been raised in a household where matcha was a normal thing to have in the kitchen where my mother, or other families or friends constantly exposed me with matcha. It's just a great great way to enjoy desserts because the scent of matcha gives that delicate taste and smell.





Servings: 16 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 2 cups rice krispies 
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk 
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil 
  • 3/4 granulated sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips 
  • 2 Tablespoon matcha green tea powder (add more as needed) 
Instructions: 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 
  • In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and matcha green tea powder. 
  • In a medium bowl, beat the vegetable oil, soy milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. 
  • Add the egg, one at a time to the wet mixture.
  • Gradually add the flour mixture in the wet mixture. 
  • Then add the rice krispies and gently fold it so that the krispies don't pop while you mix it. 
  • Fold in the white chocolate chips. 
  • Using a soup spoon (mine is about 1 1/2 Tablespoon) and place dough on a baking sheet. 
  • bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are nice golden brown and crisp. 
Before these lovelies go inside the oven 








The funny thing about this recipe is that my anticipation was to make this a crispy and chewy cookie and they were right when they came out form the oven; however, after a day later something happened and they just turned into chewy cookies... which is OK for me because I love chewy cookies (: This is what I love about baking because you always learn something new and unexpected...it's a lot of fun! 

I encourage you all to get out of your comfort zone and try to just create something out of the blue! Who cares if they turn out not as you expected? Life is full of surprises and excitement and there's no such thing as perfection. The imperfection of us (or in this case, my cookies) makes it a valuable product ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

Well, with that being said, from my kitchen to yours, Happy Baking!

Smiles,
Mei

No comments:

Post a Comment